Bespoke School Support
After reviewing your action plan, we will be able to offer some schools further free support.
- Audits: This is a supportive process which will begin with a full-day school-based audit of provision. A member of the English Hub Team will support you to write a detailed Development Plan. We will provide you with funding and on-going remote support to implement the Development Plan. We will then offer a report which will identify successes and decide next steps.
- Intensive school support: From September 2019 we will be able to provide a free package of more intensive support offered by our Literacy Specialist Team. A Literacy Specialist will be able to provide your school with 6 days of bespoke support which can include:
- Support with writing an action plan
- Advice on choosing and using phonics resources effectively
- Support with planning phonics lessons
- Leading INSETs
- Observing lessons and offering feedback
- Modelling teaching and team teaching
Priority will be given to schools who can demonstrate a need for support and capacity to effect change. The need for support will be determined based on school context, including Pupil Premium figures, Ofsted rating and Phonics Screening Check results.